I need urgently an information regarding a call I got

Customer Question
Good morning I need...

Good morning I need urgently an information regarding a call I got yeste4rday from Microsoft

Technician's Assistant: What Microsoft model do you have? And the Operating System (OS)?

I have Office 365

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

This is my second or third year with it

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Yes, tree days ago I purchase an other Office product and I have been unable to dowload it and install it. Yesterday I got a call from the telephone #***-***-****. The caller said he will assist me to dowload and install the software. But at the end he didn't, and now I got a charge of $300.00 on my bank account. I did not authorize those charges. This morning I called that number and the call did not go tru.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/9/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Chris L., Support Specialist replied 6 months ago
Chris L., Support Specialist

Hello my name is ***** ***** certified computer professional with over 10 years experience. I will be happy to help you.

This is absolutely a scam, it is very well known and we see this type of tech support scam often. No legitimate company would ever contact you this way. Your computer does not report its status to anyone. Usually what will happen is once you are in contact with them they will lie to you about issues that your computer does not have such as it is being hacked or has viruses. They will then attempt to charge you many hundreds of dollars to fix the fake issues. These people have nothing to do with microsoft so what I would suggest is you call your bank right away and see if you can get your money back. If these scammers call you again just hang up do not even speak with them. My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating for providing you a quick answer! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.