I received an email from a company and the subject line

Customer Question
I received an email...

I received an email from a company and the subject line indicated that I was offered a job in that company. After I replied to that email requesting further information, I opened the email up further so that I could see the extended headers and I noticed that it was sent from a remote location and of an individual person that had nothing to do with the company of the open job position. Could the individual see any private information from my computer when I replied?

Technician's Assistant: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?

Yahoo

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access Yahoo? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

It was through a web browser on my home PC.

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

Nothing really. I have been researching the situation and to me, and I am a layman, it appears that you can retrieve another computers IP address this way and if someone has your computer IP address they can access your private information on your personal computer. Am I correct? If I am, is this legal?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

When I responded to the original email, I received back an undelivered notification from (mailer/daemon). I responded twice to the email thinking that I just made a mistake and I received the undelivered error both time.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Computer
1/9/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Specialist Sean S., Computer Support Specialist replied 6 months ago
Specialist Sean S.
Specialist Sean S., Computer Support Specialist

Good morning/afternoon! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you today!

My first recommendation would be to let me see the e-mail, so I can examine the headers and determine if it's a fake or suspicious e-mail. As an expert, that's usually my first step for any issues with e-mails like these. Is that something you would allow me to do?

let me know and I'll give you the tech email address to submit it to

Just in general, can't you tell me if another persons computer information can be obtained this way and can any information that is obtained this way be used to violate someones privacy. The reason that I am asking this is because the remote host was an individual that I know of and that individual works at my health insurance company, so you can understand my concern. Is there extra software downloaded in a computer that allows you to be a remote host or can anyone do that. When I got in contact with this individual through my facebook account she indicated to me that she can view my search engine. It is really a non issue as long as no HIPPA rules were violated and as long as my PHI was not compromised. Is this type of thing legal?
What is your email address and will this cost me more than the $5.00 that I have spent?

Sure, no problem. I'm only here to help and it shouldn't violate any laws regarding HIPAA. But the short answer, is text, another person computer information can be obtained this way via virus or malware if it was executed properly

let me know if you want to send it to the e-mail and it should be***@******.***

The total cost would be whatever you had selected when you first selected the question. It's usually different than the partial deposit.

You have not answered one single general question that I asked. You and your company are very deceiving and this is just a scam. Below your web page it indicated that you are reputable by the pastingof business approval bureau's. I will be reporting you to them. I will be stopping the $5.00 deposit that I made for your assistance and I did not select any free trial program that I wanted to enter into. DO NOT TAKE ANY MONEY FROM MY ACCOUNT. I DO NOT WANT TO DO ANY BUSINESS WITH YOU OR THIS COMPANY. I WILL BE FOLLOWING UP MY DEMANDS WITH AN EMAIL TO YOUR COMPANY!!!!!!!

It is reputable. Let me know if I can help you further as it seems you do not want to continue. Your question was answered above if you saw my response.

I do not want to sign up for any continuing monthly support from this website. Do not charge me $36.00 after this 7 day free trial. I will not be using your service. Your ad says that I can cancel at any time. I never signed up for continuing service after I paid my first $5.00 and if your ad is correct I want too cancel before it even gets started. Do not charge me I do not want your service.

I understand. I'm only on the tech side. I do not control what you signed up for or didn't. You would need to contact customer service for that.