I don't know which power pack to use to charge the battery.

Customer Question
I don't know which...

I don't know which power pack to use to charge the battery. What voltage?

Technician's Assistant: What exactly is frozen or not starting up for you?

My S10e laptop battery is discharged and I'm not sure which charger to use.

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your laptop?

XP

Technician's Assistant: Does your laptop make any noise when rebooted? Are any of the LED lights on?

No, the battery is completely discharged the power pack I'm using is only 5 volts

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

That's all.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Computer
1/9/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Sheri, Expert replied 6 months ago
Sheri
Sheri, Expert

Hi JACUSTOMER-f5x4pp62,

Thanks for using JustAnswer. I am happy to assist you with this issue. I understand you need to know which charger to use to charge your S10 e laptop. Do you have several chargers there and are not sure which is the correct one, or are you needing to know which one to purchase?

Please let me know so we can go to the next step.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

I have a number of chargers.

OK, thanks for the update. Give me just a couple of minutes and I will send you the specifications to look for on your charger. Just to confirm, this laptop is Lenovo S10e, not S103, is that correct?

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Your price is far too high and you cannot remotely connect to my computer because it cannot be turned on with a dead battery.

Please ignore the offer. It is automatically sent by the system and would not help in this case.

Below are the specifications to help you identify your correct power adapter:

Lenovo IdeaPad S10E
Voltage 20V

Power 40WDC

Current 2A

DC Size 2.5*5.5(mm)

For your convenience, I have included below a link to copy and paste into your browser that will lead to a site that has a picture of the adapter and connector:

https://www.laptopchargerfactory.com/lenovo-others-laptop-charger/ideapad-s10e?gclid=EAIaIQobChMImvP4taHL2AIVQUwNCh1byQ1iEAQYAiABEgJuwvD_BwE

I hope that helps. Please reply with any questions when comparing this to the adapters you have.

I attempted to communicate to the agent that I wished retract the inquiry because I was unwilling to pay the price that was exposed to me after I was expecting only the $5.00 at the beginning. Your marketing ploy to get people unknowingly committed is unethical and underhanded

No problem. I will forward this to customer service for you.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert