I took my computer back to Best Buy where I bought it

Customer Question
I took my computer...

I took my computer back to Best Buy where I bought it Christmas of 2016. It will no longer charge when I plug it in. They said the battery was worn out & I should go to a store named Batteries, Bulbs & etc. & buy a battery & bring it to them & they would install it for me. The battery store said the battery for my computer was not available & could only be purchased directly from your website. My computer model # is X555LA-H131103J. Can you help me get a battery & let me know the price? Thank you, Sarah

Technician's Assistant: What computer or device isn't charging?

My Asus 15.6 inch laptop.

Technician's Assistant: Did you try charging your 15.60 from a different power source?

I tried various plug outlets, but I only have 1 charger. The guy at Geek squad went into the diagnostics of the computer & said the battery was no more good.

Technician's Assistant: Are you using the charger that came with your 15.60, or an aftermarket charger?

The one that came with it when I bought it.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I know of

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Computer
1/9/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 6 months ago
Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your battery. I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question."

You have a few choices here:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Asus-X555L-X555LA-HI31103J-15-6-Genuine-Battery-7-5V-37Wh-4829mAh-C21N1347-ER-/282770052169

https://www.laptopbatteryexpress.com/Asus-X555-X555L-X555LD-X555LA-X555LN-Battery-p/asus-x555.htm?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIjOT1hZ7L2AIVjY2zCh2PMghJEAQYAiABEgJPw_D_BwE&gdffi=749b3ccecb2d4bd882592d2b45187e4c&gdfms=9DF47E22A65646BD9FD3D2E6F207FF5A

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA4K05HU2322&ignorebbr=1&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleMKP-PC&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleMKP-PC-_-pla-_-Notebook+Batteries+%2F+AC+Adapters-_-9SIA4K05HU2322&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIjOT1hZ7L2AIVjY2zCh2PMghJEAQYASABEgLm2vD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

https://www.amazon.com/ZTHY-C21N1347-Battery-X555LA-X555LD/dp/B00UBNOTJO/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_147_t_0?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=11Z58FWDDR1KRB8RYV04

http://www.battdepot.com/us/search/model/asus/X555LA.aspx?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI5JC-5Z7L2AIV3YSzCh1-8gOhEAAYASAAEgL-svD_BwE

Let me know if you need help ordering it.

You can order/review those. eBay was the cheapest one that is listed. If you scroll down those pages, you will

also see there are chargers there too for cheaper than stores if needed for your model.

Let me know if you have any questions.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. Reply with any and all errors or concerns referring to your technical issue.

Thank you,

~Franklin