Im having a hard time. I set up a phone number for someone…

Customer Question
Hi im having a...

Hi im having a hard time. I set up a phone number for someone else to use ( they are working for me). I set it up through my account. so my employee is telling e he cant use the number. I have to set up a Skype account for him to use the phone number

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update Skype?

Yesterday.

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Skype?

Im familiar with Skype and the use but I have never used the phone number. I just set it up yesterday for the employee to use but he said he needs a separate Skype account to use the phone number. ( he also has a Skype account)

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

That's it

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Computer
1/9/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 5 months ago
Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your skype. I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question."

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you are using, a Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 or a Mac.

If its a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows, Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.

Where did you 'find' the phone number?

What do you mean he cannot use the number but you can?

Please explain what it is you need to do in detail.

Windows
I purchased the number from Skype.
I sent him the number and he told me he could not use the number because it was not set up through his account. He said he needed an account set up with the number ( side note: he already has a Skype account)
I need him to be able to use the Skype number I purchased for his use. Can he use the number I gave him even though I purchased it through my Skype account?

Give me just a couple minutes. I will be back with instructions.

To add a new number: You said he alredy had a skype account?

If you want to use a new mobile number as your caller identification:

1. Click enter a new number.
  2. Select your country from the drop-down list.
  3. Enter your mobile number in the text box and click Verify number.
  4. You will receive an SMS text message on your phone containing a confirmation code. Enter this code in the field displayed.
  5. Click Verify.
  6. If you entered the code correctly, you will see a confirmation message, and your Caller ID will be activated in 24 hours.

It may take up to 24 hours for your caller identification to be activated. You’ll receive an SMS text message confirming that caller identification is about to be activated.

If the caller identification doesn’t work it might be because it’s not available in your country or it’s not currently supported by the local telecommunication provider for the country you’re calling.

Tell him to try to edit his account like this and put in the number first.

To change your caller identification settings:

1. Sign in to your account.
  2. In the Manage features section, click Caller ID.
  3. To turn Caller ID on or off, use the toggle at the left side of the screen.
  4. To change your Caller ID number, click Edit next to your number.

To change your caller identification to a previously used Skype Number or mobile number, select the number that you require from the drop-down list displayed and click Save Settings.

You can use this guide:

https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA2561/how-do-i-change-my-caller-identification-settings

Tell me if there are any errors. If so, we can try to make him a new one and add that number to it

during set up.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. Reply with any and all errors or concerns referring to your technical issue.

Thank you,

~Franklin

Please let me know results when done.

Franklin

its not a cell phone number. Its a number I purchased from Skype yesterday

Yes, i know. Enter that number for the 'number' portion in skype.

Tell me the results.

However:

Can I use my own phone number or another existing number as my Skype Number?

No, you need to choose a number from our pre-selected range. You can choose your favorite number from that range, search for your preferred number using the Enter your favorite combination search box, or click Show ten new suggestions… to scroll through the available options.

You may have to get his number generated or you can also sign him up for google voice if you prefer to use

your own number too, but there is a 20 dollar charge for that one i believe.

Google voice is free as well. But, it looks as if you must use skypes.

I will leave more info for you if that wont take your new number.

https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA256/how-do-i-get-a-skype-number