I left my Dell Computer on Sleep overnight. Now it's in a…

Customer Question
I left my Dell...

I left my Dell Computer on Sleep overnight. Now it's in a mode asking me for a password ***** either "Usergroup#" or my first name. I don't have a password. What can I do?

Technician's Assistant: What Dell model do you have? And the Operating System (OS)?

Inspiron 531 and it's a Microsoft system. Do you need anything ,more specific. If so, where do I find it?

Technician's Assistant: The Laptop Technician will be able to walk you through that. What Operating System (OS) are you running on your Inspiron?

I'm on my laptop. How do I determine the OS?

Technician's Assistant: The Laptop Technician will be able to walk you through that. What have you tried so far with your Inspiron? Have you installed any updates recently?

No updates lately.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Computer
1/9/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 6 months ago
Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your Dell. I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question."

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you are using, a Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10?

Let me know when you are ready to begin today.