I did a system restore on my dell c. Home computer the

Customer Question
I did a system...

I did a system restore on my dell c

Technician's Assistant: What Dell model do you have? And the Operating System (OS)?

Home computer the service code number is *****

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

Shut off and turn

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I am currently on my laptop and I was having trouble retrieving a corupted ecel workbook

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/9/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Richard, Computer Specialist replied 6 months ago
Richard, Computer Specialist

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

To clarify, is the main issue you have a Excel file that you are not able to open?

Please let me know

First of all I did a restore to my home computer and the screen is black will not work
How can you do that when it is not working

ok, so the issue is you cannot start your computer, is this the problem?

Correct when i restart my computer the dell sign comes up and i get a white circle and it disappears and nothing

Thank you

Can you disconnect the power cable then hold the power button for 60 seconds then release.

Then connect the power cable, power it on and tell me how it then functions please.

Still nothing When i turn it back on I got the dell logo and a white revolving circle and then nothing

Which model Dell is this?

ok
I'm not sure th e service code is***********

Is it a laptop or desktop?

Desktop

Wireless keyboard or cabled keyboard connected to it?

wireless

ok, can you connect a cabled keyboard to it please?

Tell me when you have

nothing

nothing?

The last request was

can you connect a cabled keyboard to it please?

Tell me when you have

I am not sure what you mean with nothing

It is hooked up

ok I am a little confused by the last responses so need to be sure you did what I requested.

What have you just done for me?

I hooked up the keyboard as you requested

ok, which version of windows are you running?

10

Hold the left SHIFT key and with it held, power on the computer and keep tapping F8 until you get to a menu (still with SHIFT held)

Try a few times if you cannot initially get to the menu.

Let me know how you go please.

i dont think my old keyboard is working

ok.. can yoiu please connect it with a keyboard you know works as we need a working keyboard for this

I dont have one

ok, you will need a working keyboard to do this... it will have to work as a non working keyboard will not help us.

Please obtain one so you can do the last instructions I gave you

I will have to go buy one

ok, please do, they are cheap at walmart or best buy

I have one now I keep holding down left shift and tapping f8 nothing is coming up

have you tried a few times as it can be tricky to do

Are you still there

yes, and I sent a reply..

Will repeat