Although I have internet connection it says I have a

Customer Question
Although I have internet...

Although I have internet connection it says I have a temporary DNS error. How can I fix this on my Lenovo computer

Technician's Assistant: What Lenovo model do you have? And the Operating System (OS)?

Yoga

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

It started this afternoon. I tried to refresh I tried to turn the computer off and then on again I disconnected and connected the internet again

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/9/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Cody, Senior Systems Administrator replied 6 months ago
Cody
Cody, Senior Systems Administrator

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today.

where does it say this error at?

After I don’t get a connection and refresh the page doesn’t work I went to details.
There it says “ there was a temporary DNS error. It then gives me the error code which I can give you if needed

go to start menu > search cmd and open that

type ping google.com -t

is this a steady ping or any request timed out entries?

I don’t know what you mean with where.
On the top it says can’t reach this page then in the middle under ‘Details ‘ it says DNS error

did you try the steps I sent?

I typed in what you said do I press enter?

yes

It says: ping request could not find host google.com-t check the name and try again

space after google.com -t

Ok. Now it gives me a huge number of ‘reply from......

no request timed out entries?

doesn't sound like a dns issue, what web browser are you using?

there are many of those as well

anytime it says request timed out is Internet dropping

Are you still with me?

unplug router/modem for 30 seconds and then plug it back in and test

I know this is a stupid question but how do I unplug the router modem
There is nothing plugged in on my lab top
Cody are you still with me?
Tech Support Specialist: RussellA, Information Systems Manager replied 6 months ago
RussellA
RussellA, Information Systems Manager
  1. Click “Start” and type the word “Command” in the Start search field. Finally, right-click the command prompt icon and select the option to “Run as Administrator”.
  2. In the open prompt, type “ipconfig /flushdns” (without the quotes).

I take pride in providing quick solutions to your inquiries. If you are satisfied please mark this as answered, and leave me a rating and feedback. If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to open another query directly with me.

This did not work. Unfortunately.
It says: the system cannot find the path specified

get to the command prompt. and type that in ipconfig /flushdns