My computer has been blocked by Microsoft edge.why?and can…

Customer Question
My computer has been...

My computer has been blocked by Microsoft edge.why?and can you unblock it?

Technician's Assistant: What Microsoft model do you have? And the Operating System (OS)?

Lenovo computer windows 10

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

Justlast 4hrs. called number they gave.spoke to barely English speaking tech? ased for edge password. idont have one.when questioned by me told me to take my computer to a police station

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I'm a computer dummy

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/9/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist replied 6 months ago
Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist

I'm sorry about the issue. That was a fake popup message. It is a scam, so please do not call that number again and do not follow any instructions from them.

- Does the popup message still occur when you shut down / restart the computer?

- Or does the popup message only occur when you open the Internet? etc.?

- Is the internet currently working on your computer?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Please try the following fix:

1. Close all programs if possible.
  2. Disconnect the power cord(s) from your internet modem / router device(s) for now.
  3. Shut down your computer.
    ; (Note: If it does not let you shut down your computer, then press and hold the Power on / off button on your computer for about 10 seconds, then it should power off.)
  4. Turn your computer back on.
  5. Open the Internet program on your computer.
    - It should display connection error or something similar.
  6. Wait a minute.
  7. Close all the Internet pages / tabs / windows.
  8. Re-connect the power cord(s) to your internet modem / router device(s).
  9. Wait a few minutes.
  10. Open the Internet on your computer.
    - The fake popup message should be gone now.

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you.

Note: In the future, you should always ignore any message or phone call that you do not know or that you are not expecting.

- Have you tried my solution above?

It looks like you are not there. We can schedule another time.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you.