I have received a message that I have a spyware detected on…

I have received a...

I have received a message that I have a spyware detected on my computer and they gave me a number to call for help, the number is ***** correct and I need help on what to do

Technician's Assistant: What computer or device are you having trouble syncing?

I am on a new lap top, I have just bought it, it is a HP

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your laptop?

It is a HP laptop and I am not sure what operating system is

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your HP? Have you installed any updates recently?

I haven't installed anything, was on facebook when this came up, that my computer is affected by a pornographic spyware and I should call the number provided to be walked through how to fix the problem. I called the number and all it was selling items and then it cuts off.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

No, I guess not, thank you

Answered in 1 minute by:
1/9/2018
Cris
Cris, Support Specialist

Hi, thanks for using JustAnswer.com I am Cris and will be glad to assist you.

Cris
Cris, Support Specialist

The message you received is a scam. I can perform a virus scan for you to see if you have any malware which caused you to receive the message.

Below is the link to join the remote session. Click on Agree then download and run the file.

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=48b14937-563c-47aa-8697-6224bc8c2f1f

ok, go ahead please and tell me what to do

Yes, I had provided the link for the remote session. Here is it, click on Agree then download and run/open to join.

http://http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=48b14937-563c-47aa-8697-6224bc8c2f1f