I just had my computer serviced and am trying to connect my…

Customer Question
I just had my...

I just had my computer serviced and am trying to connect my HP printer via wireless to my laptop.

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your HP printer: wirelessly or by USB?

Wirelessly

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

It was working fine up until last Wednesday, when I took my laptop in for servicing. All I should have to do is reconnect my printer, shouldn't I?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't know.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/9/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Jason Jones, Computer Expert replied 6 months ago
Jason Jones, Computer Expert

I look forward to helping you today.

Are you having problems with connecting the printer to the wireless signal or do you need help with reconnecting the computer to the printer wireless?

I will be standing by, looking forward to your response.
Thank you,
Jason

Thanks for your response, Jason.
I need to be able to add the printer to my laptop, so that it can find my computer when I want to scan and send documents wirelessly and print documents.

Thank you for the update. May I ask which version of Windows you are using?

Also, what is the model name of the HP printer?

I just want someone to point me to the steps I need to take to connect my printer to my laptop. I don't want someone to do it for me.

You can ignore any automatic offer that is sent on the page.

What is the model name of the HP printer?

I think I will just contact HP directly.

You can do that, if you wish. Do you want me to send in your refund request?

4630
Officejet 4630

In your case, all you have to do is install the Full Feature Software and Drivers package from the following page: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-officejet-4630-e-all-in-one-printer-series/5305049/model/5305050

On the aforementioned page, click the red Download button, download the file, and run it. After you do that, you will be all set.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible. I hope that I have earned a 5 star rating. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. Rating does not stop you from getting back to me in the event you need me. It has been a pleasure assisting you today.

Thank you,

***** *****