Every day I get a full red screen with a verbal and written…

Customer Question
Every day I get...

Every day I get a full red screen with a verbal and written warning that my computer could be a risk, email, passwords. etc. If advises to call windows tech support but when i did it sounded like a foreigner and he wanted to change some setting, but we got disconnected - i don't think he was with microsoft tech support and this screen comes up in my email

Technician's Assistant: How's your internet connection? Are you checking your email from a browser or a mail client (e.g. Outlook)?

My connection is with Verizon. My email is accessed on Google Chrome by typing Yahoo Mail Login

Technician's Assistant: Are there any antivirus or firewall settings that could block you from receiving mail?

No, I am able to close that screen and still access my Email. Also, a week or so ago I checked with McAfee and they said there was no virus

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

I want to know what the Red Screen and verbal warning is - I don't think this is an email issue

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
1/9/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Chris L., Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
Chris L., Support Specialist

Hello my name is ***** ***** certified computer professional with over 10 years experience. I will be happy to help you.

This is absolutely a scam, it is very well known and we see this type of tech support scam often. No legitimate company would ever contact you this way. Your computer does not report its status to anyone. Usually what will happen is once you are in contact with them they will lie to you about issues that your computer does not have such as it is being hacked or has viruses. They will then attempt to charge you many hundreds of dollars to fix the fake issues. The red screen could be generated by a web page or by some malware on the computer. If you have not done so yet restart the computer and see if it goes away. My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating for providing you a quick answer! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.