I received a call today that my microsoft for windows is…

Customer Question
I received a call...

I received a call today that my microsoft for windows is expiring. this is the first time I ever had this call what do you know about it?

Technician's Assistant: What Microsoft model do you have? And the version of Windows?

I have windows 7

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

This is the first time I ever received this call

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I have a phone # to call something like this happened with my bank, that's why I am questioning it

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Computer
1/8/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Bryan, Computer Support Specialist replied 6 months ago
Bryan, Computer Support Specialist

Hello, and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you today.

That was a bogus call by a malicious party and not associated with Microsoft in any way. They cold call and provide fake alerts/popups to try and trick users into allowing them access to their PCs and paying for their scam services.

Microsoft will never contact users on their own unless their services are specifically requested. Your system is just fine as long as you do not communicate with these parties or allow them access in any way; just ignore these types of calls and emails as they come.

NOTE:

If you need more help, please use the Reply box below to continue our conversation.

Otherwise, kindly take a moment to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of this page before you leave today. Thank you,