I'm concerned about the notebook fan loudness. Asus UX360. I…

Customer Question
Hi Pearl, I'm concerned...

Hi Pearl, I'm concerned about the notebook fan loudness

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your laptop?

Asus UX360

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your UX360? Have you installed any updates recently?

No, I don't want bugs

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Secure solution

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/8/2018
Tech Support Specialist: RussellA, Information Systems Manager replied 7 months ago
RussellA
RussellA, Information Systems Manager

Changing such things is a system level operation.

• Try to change cooling settings from your BIOS.
  • If you couldn't find any cooling setting in the BIOS, check if you have any software installed which may seem to control the fan operations. If you find any then its you luck, you will be able to control your processor fan in realtime.
  • If you didn't find any software too, the setting would have been probably a permanent one. Try to change the OS(say Linux), and check if the same happens. If it doesn't do it in the new OS, its definitely a fault of a software which is controlling your processor fan. Try to find the application which is controlling the processor fan in your current OS. If you cannot the only option would be to Format or Reset your system.
  • If changing your OS didn't work and even your processor fan still shows the same actions, its definitely a fault of your current BIOS. Try hard to search to alter the cooling settings. If you couldn't, upgrade of degrade your BIOS and it might help(If the same setting have not been applied on the new BIOS.)

I take pride in providing quick solutions to your inquiries. If you are satisfied please mark this as answered, and leave me a rating and feedback. If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to open another query directly with me.