I type in my apple id and pw and it won't accept it.

Customer Question
I type in my...

I type in my apple id and pw and it won't accept it

Technician's Assistant: What kind of Apple device do you have? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

10.10.5

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Apple device? What have you tried so far?

I spent an hr with a tech two weeks ago.....it worked fine until recently

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Computer
1/8/2018
Tech Support Specialist: RussellA, Information Systems Manager replied 1 month ago
RussellA
RussellA, Information Systems Manager

Email, password, and security questions

1. Go to your Apple ID account page and click "Forgot Apple ID or password." If asked to confirm your phone number, use steps for two-factor authentication instead.
  2. Enter your Apple ID. Did you forget your Apple ID?
  3. Select the option to reset your password, then choose Continue.
  4. Choose how to reset your password:

After you reset your password, you'll be asked to sign in again with your new password. You also might need to update your password ***** Settings on your devices.

Two-factor authentication

If you have two-factor authentication enabled for your Apple ID, you can reset your password ***** any trusted iPhone, iPad, Pod touch, or Mac with a password ***** passcode that's enabled. Can't access any of your devices?

On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

1. Make sure that your device has iOS 10 or later.
  2. Go to Settings.
  3. Tap [your name] > Password & Security > Change Password, then follow the onscreen steps to update your password. For iOS 10.2 or earlier, tap iCloud > [your name] > Password & Security > Change Password, then follow the onscreen steps.

Need help with the previous step? You might not be signed in to iCloud. Open Settings and tap "Sign in to your [device]" > "Don’t have an Apple ID or forgot it," then follow the onscreen steps. For iOS 10.2 or earlier, tap iCloud > Forgot Apple ID or Password, then follow the onscreen steps.

On your Mac

1. Go to Apple menu > System Preferences, then click iCloud.
  2. Choose Account Details.
  3. If you're asked to enter your Apple ID password, click "Forgot Apple ID or password" and follow the onscreen instructions. You can skip the final steps below.
  4. Click Security > Reset Password. Before you can reset your Apple ID password, you'll be required to enter the password ***** to unlock your Mac.

Need help with these steps? You might not be signed in to iCloud. Go to Apple menu > System Preferences, then click iCloud. Click "Forgot Apple ID or password" and follow the onscreen steps.

Use a recovery key

If you updated your Apple ID from two-step verification to two-factor authentication in iOS 11 and later, or macOS High Sierra and later, and you have a recovery key, you can use the recovery key to help reset your password.

If you can't access any of your devices

Borrow a friend or family member’s iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch and follow these steps:

1. Open the Find My iPhone app.
  2. When a Sign In screen appears, make sure the Apple ID field is empty. If you see someone else's user name, erase it.
  3. Tap Forgot Apple ID or Password, then follow the onscreen steps.

Don't see a Sign In screen? Tap Sign Out. After you sign out, make sure the Apple ID field is empty. Then tap Forgot Apple ID or Password, and follow the onscreen steps.

Did you try the previous steps but you still need help? You can still reset your password ***** regain access to your account with account recovery.

Two-step verification

2. Enter your Apple ID, select the option to reset your password, then choose Continue. Did you forget your Apple ID?
  3. Enter your Recovery Key for two-step verification.*
  4. Choose a trusted device.* We'll send your device a verification code.
  5. Enter the verification code.
  6. Create a new password, then select Reset Password.

* If you permanently lost your Recovery Key or access to your trusted device, you can't change your password.

RussellA
RussellA
RussellA, Information Systems Manager