My granddaughter gave me a moviepass for Christmas and

Customer Question
My granddaughter gave me...

My granddaughter gave me a moviepass for Christmas and loaded the app but I am not able to activate it. Help?

Technician's Assistant: When could you last open your movie?

ICan I talk to you by phone?

Technician's Assistant: Did you recently update your software or Operating System (OS)?

No. Comcast updated email.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

Just need to activate membership

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Computer
1/8/2018
Tech Support Specialist: RussellA, Information Systems Manager replied 3 months ago
RussellA
RussellA, Information Systems Manager

sing your MoviePass subscription is easy! See below for step-by-step instructions.

1. When you arrive at the theater, browse movies and showtimes on the MoviePass app. Be sure to have your MoviePass card handy!
  2. Once you’ve found your film, click your desired showtime. Then, at the bottom of the screen, click “Check-In.”
  3. Upon check-in, your MoviePass will be activated for 30 minutes. Simply swipe it at the box office or kiosk to purchase your ticket.
  4. For e-ticketing theaters, once you check-in, your app will generate a confirmation code that you can present at the kiosk or box office to retrieve your ticket.
  5. Enjoy the show!

See this video for more info:

https://vimeo.com/243377615

I take pride in providing quick solutions to your inquiries. If you are satisfied please mark this as answered, and leave me a rating and feedback. If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to open another query directly with me.

I don't have to activate it first my phone with name etc?
Not happy with answer. Don't understand. What scree
screen?

Sorry, this is for your phone. Your phone screen.

Also I included a video, on how to do this: https://vimeo.com/243377615

When I open the app it days "start membership" but won't accept anything I put in. That's my question. How do I get the membership activated
Did you get my last message

Log into the MoviePass app with your email address and password. The app will then request the last 4 digits of your MoviePass card number in a pop-up box, enter the last 4 digits and your subscription will fully activate and your billing date will adjust as well!

Please note if you live in an e-ticketing location and have used e-ticketing to reserve a movie ticket before receiving your card your billing date will adjust when your first e-ticket is reserved.

I have gone on the app and put in email, password, name and address and when I do it asks for a credit card. To my knowledge I have not had a prior password. Does not ask for last four digits of card or to accept terms and conditions, just a credit card

Can you start the signup process again please.

I dod and the same thing happened

Please use the GiftCard number as your credit card.

If I get "something like this" then what? It will take me a minute to try to.enter my card

Please take your time, I will be here.

Entered the gift card number and it wouldn't take it

I am sorry that you are having so many issues, you might need to submit an inquiry to MoviePass support, so that they can activate your card. https://moviepass.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

I tried to call their customer service and that's when your link popped up. I thought you were part of their customer service and paid$5.00 to communicate with you, which makes me very unhappy since I didn't get any help.

Well I did provide you with information, and tried my best to assist you, and steered you to the right path. Wishing you much luck and a good new year!

RussellA
    RussellA
    RussellA, Information Systems Manager