I have lost my touch screen capability. Lenovo Yoga 3;

Customer Question
I have lost my...

I have lost my touch screen capability

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

Lenovo Yoga 3; Windows 10

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

Just today. I'm not sure what to try

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Yes. i have also lost the print screen function.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Computer
1/8/2018
Tech Support Specialist: RussellA, Information Systems Manager replied 6 months ago
RussellA
RussellA, Information Systems Manager

Short-term fix: Hard reboot (hold down power button for 10 sec so the next restart shows the F2/F12 boot options, or use the Novo button to select Normal Boot). Sometimes it's necessary to hard reboot two or three times before the problem goes away (or comes back), making it more difficult to understand what fix works.

Permanent Fix - Disable the BTDevManager service: Windows-R, run msconfig, check Selective startup, in Services tab uncheck (disable) BTDevManager. Then hard reboot (up to 3 times) until touchscreen functionality comes back. This fix seems stable for me and I haven't seen the problem or failed USB device resurface since and after multiple restarts. I also tested re-enabling the service and the touchscreen would soon stop working again after a few restarts.

Another, simpler way to accomplish this workaround is probably just to go into View Local Services, right-click on BTDevManager and select Properties, change Startup Type to Disabled, OK, then hard reboot until the touchscreen works again.

I take pride in providing quick solutions to your inquiries. If you are satisfied please mark this as answered, and leave me a rating and feedback. If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to open another query directly with me.