Microsoft edge sending me alert security breach porn site…

Customer Question
Microsoft edge sending me...

Microsoft edge sending me alert security breach porn site call

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update Edge?

Customer:(###) ###-#### wants to remote take over computer to fix sounds dumb

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Edge?

Never updated don't even know what edge is

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

Stupid alert alert comes through I go to task manger X out of it

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Computer
1/8/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 6 months ago
Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you are using, a Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 or a Mac.

If its a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows, Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.

"browser"

What browser are you using? firefox/chrome/safari/internet explorer/edge?

Firefox is blue with orange fox wrapped around a globe.

Chrome is red/green/yellow with a blue dot in the middle of a circle.

Edge is a dark blue small e.

Internet explorer is a small light blue e."

Edge
No
Is this Brian Mate MS80107 legate?

Ok, when you do not open edge, are you getting that pop up at any other time such as in explorer?

Firefox? Any other type of online program such as facebook, or another log in or only when you are

open edge?

Does it come up immediately when you open edge?

Just edge

I do not know who this is?

If you are referring to a number coming up on your pc? Absolutely not.

That was not legitimate. No one knows if you have viruses but you. Those are common. First thing you need to do is

call your credit card company and/or bank and stop all those charges immediately. Open an investigation and report fraud on them if you paid them anything.

Then we need to get that computer set back the way it was before immediately if you allowed them in or

if you saw that message in a browser. It is a pop up phishing email or alert embedded into a site you went to.

Then we are going to report those people to microsoft to shut them down.

I tell all clients with this issue to please go here and review us on the BBB. You have to be skeptical at this point

and with good reason. Those people are not from microsoft and the virus scam is out of control in this day and age.

https://www.bbb.org/greater-san-francisco/business-reviews/answering-service/justanswer-in-san-francisco-ca-82403

You can report that number here;

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/reportascam/

This will give you more information on how to spot these people:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/safety/online-privacy/phishing-scams.aspx

If you got that message in an email, you should reset your email passwords immediately and secure your account.

If you need any further information on this; just let me know. If they did not get in your pc/allowed access, you will be fine with the information provided.

I am sending you two more things to get this done, but i need to know
I need to know what type of computer you are using, a Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 or a Mac.

I am sending you directions to reset that edge or the pc (i always recommend that one if possible for this

if it was within a few days. What day did this happen?)

Close Microsoft Edge Browser

Navigate to the following directory: push the windows key next to your space bar and R at the same time.

Then copy/past this below in that box:

C:\Users\<users>\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_xxxxxx\AC\MicrosoftEdge\User\Default\Recovery\Active

Or, use your folder on the bottom of your taskbar, then click this pc, the c:, users, your user name/profile, then appdata etc and so on for that line.

Delete everything on that directory

Open Microsoft Edge

First, type in INTERNET EXPLORER in your search menu and open the browser by clicking on it from the menu and use this one to download hitmanpro.

click on the 64bit version/second one down, download and install. Open and use the

trial version, one time activation when you hit next.

https://www.hitmanpro.com/en-us/downloads.aspx

After it finds everything, keep hitting next to quarantine it and put in your email for one time activation

license use. (it doesnt charge, its free and just 'stops' working after 30 days)

Reboot the pc as it tells you too. If the error is still there, then we will try to reset your pc back to a previous

date.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. Reply with any and all errors or concerns referring to your technical issue.

Thank you,

~Franklin

Can you tell me if you are finished with this issue today or need more assistance?

I would like to confirm you are resolved or finish up the issue with you today.

Please clarify what you would like to do so i can either assist further or send this in for reports to close it

on my end today.