Worked fine then suddenly stopped. Dell V305. Turning

Customer Question
Worked fine then suddenly...

Worked fine then suddenly stopped.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

Dell V305

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

Turning everything off then restart. Same. Bought new computer to printer cable. Same Unplugged all cable. Same.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

Dell V305

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your V305?

Middle of last (Dec) month.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

I don't know much about computers. When I got this was about 9 months ago. I don't know how to update the OS. May be my main problem.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

My husband gave me a new printer for Christmas. Should I give up on this one? It just worked one day and then it didn't.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Computer
1/8/2018
Tech Support Specialist: RussellA, Information Systems Manager replied 6 months ago
RussellA
RussellA, Information Systems Manager
  1. Ensure the USB cable is attached to both the printer and the computer
  2. In the Search box, type Wireless setup utility in the search box.
  3. Touch or click Wireless setup utility and follow the prompts.

4. During the process the printer looks for nearby wireless networks and displays them.

Your Wireless Network Name Appears in the List
    1. Click on your network and click on continue.
    2. Enter the network key
    3. The Allow Dell Software window may appear, if so click OK or Continue.
    4. When instructed remove the USB cable from the computer and printer
    5. Printer is setup on the network now

Your Wireless Network Name Does not appears in the List
    1. Click Unlisted Network
    2. Enter the Network Name, then click Continue
    3. Select the type of Network Security the wireless router has, then click Continue, then enter the network key
    4. The Allow Dell Software window may appear
    5. When instructed remove the USB cable from the computer and printer
    6. Printer is setup on network now.
  5. In case the steps above do not work or the Wireless setup utility is not available. Try connecting using WPS, providing your router and printer are WPS Compliant (a WPS Compliant router will have a logo on it )
    1. On the Printer Operator Panel, press Set up, then select Network Set up, then select WPS PushMethod or Pin Method
    2. Please select the Pin Method, a 8- 10 digit Number will be listed under the PIN method.
    3. Enter the WPS PIN on the router security page ( under WPS option).
    4. Click on the Wi-Fi Icon for the Printer Setup over wireless network.

For Windows 8(8.1)

2. Move the mouse cursor to the upper right corner of the screen until the Charms Bar appears.
  3. Touch or click Search.
  4. Type Wireless setup utility in the search box.
  5. Touch or click Wireless setup utility and follow the prompts.

6. During the process the printer looks for nearby wireless networks and displays them.

2. Enter the network key
    5. Printer is setup on the network now

1. Click Unlisted Network
    6. Printer is setup on network now.
  7. In case the steps above do not work or the Wireless setup utility is not available. Try connecting using WPS, providing your router and printer are WPS Compliant (a WPS Compliant router will have a logo on it )

For Windows 7

2. Click Start.
  3. Click Programs.
  4. Click Dell Printers.
  5. Click Dell Printer Home.
  6. Click the Settings tab.
  7. Click Wireless setup utility.
  8. The printer looks for nearby wireless networks and displays them.

2. Enter the network key
    5. Printer is setup on the network now

1. Click Unlisted Network
    6. Printer is setup on network now.
  9. In case the steps above do not work or the Wireless setup utility is not available. Try connecting using WPS, providing your router and printer are WPS Compliant (a WPS Compliant router will have a logo on it )

I take pride in providing quick solutions to your inquiries. If you are satisfied please mark this as answered, and leave me a rating and feedback. If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to open another query directly with me.

What is a WPS?

WPS, should be a button on your wireless router.

What is your wireless router model?