I received an e-mail from Yahoo 1-855-203-6745 that there…

Customer Question
I received an e-mail...

I received an e-mail from Yahoo 1-***-***-**** that there was unusual

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access Yahoo? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

Activity on my Visa Account and it was from Russia...that I should call the number listed....it was fishing...thought you should know.

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

None. Spoke with Bank of America to find out about the add'l charge. Got an answer....but not what the yahoo claimed

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

Thats it.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Computer
1/8/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Chris L., Support Specialist replied 6 months ago
Chris L., Support Specialist

Hello my name is ***** ***** certified computer professional with over 10 years experience. I will be happy to help you.

This is absolutely a scam, it is very well known and we see this type of tech support scam often. No legitimate company would ever contact you this way. Your computer does not report its status to anyone. Usually what will happen is once you are in contact with them they will lie to you about issues that your computer does not have such as it is being hacked or has viruses. They will then attempt to charge you many hundreds of dollars to fix the fake issues. You didn't call the number did you?