I was restarting my laptop and a gold screen came up saying…

Customer Question
Hi i was restarting...

Hi i was restarting my laptop and a gold screen came up saying "Just a moment". It's been an hour. :(

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your laptop?

Dell , Windows 10 (i think)

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Dell? Have you installed any updates recently?

Yes. i kept avoiding the updates because of stuff like this happening. i think it was windows updates.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Computer
1/8/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Sheri, Expert replied 3 months ago
Sheri
Sheri, Expert

Hi JACUSTOMER-ru61k5yq

Thanks for using JustAnswer. I am happy to assist you with this issue. The first thing to do at this point is to hold in the power button until the computer shuts down completely. Wait 2 mins. and power it back on and wait another 2 minutes. Then reply and let me know what you see on the screen or what happens, so we can go to the next step.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

i've tried that and the same gold screen comes up with "just a moment" and circling balls!
i'm on my husbands laptop. how can you connect to mine?
are you there?

I wouldn't be able to connect if the computer is not fully booting up Are you getting this screen before Windows loads your desktop?

Is the computer connected to the Internet with a network cable or wirelessly?

wireless
i need to get in the shower. you can't help correct?

I will opt out and open the question to other Techs who may be able to further assist. My recommendation would be to let it continue loading and see if it resolves on it's own after a while.

thankyou
Tech Support Specialist: Chris L., Support Specialist replied 3 months ago
Chris L., Support Specialist

Recently there was a very large windows update that cane take an hour or more to finish. That said if it hits the 2 hour mark and nothing is happening most likely it has gotten hung up during the update date process. I would suggest you shut it off with the power button and then turn it back on. It may continue the update so try and let it finish. This update does require multiple reboots. My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Chris L., Support Specialist