Laptop overheats after 10 mins and cuts off. Worth

Customer Question
Laptop overheats after 10...

Laptop overheats after 10 mins and cuts off. Worth repairing?

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your laptop?

HP, Windows 10.

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your HP? Have you installed any updates recently?

Have not tried anything. No recent updates.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Computer
1/8/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Moses C, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 6 months ago
Moses C
Moses C, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, Welcome to JustAnswer support, thank you for utilizing our service.
I will be assisting you with the query and question you have with us.
What is the make/model of the laptop and how old is it?

HP, about 4 years old.

core i3 or i5 and how much ram does it have?

i7, 8
Hello, are you there?
Is this site a ripoff?
Tech Support Specialist: Chris L., Support Specialist replied 6 months ago
Chris L., Support Specialist

Hello, sorry for the delay in response. Before repairing the laptop I would suggest you try a laptop cooler to see if it stops it from overheating. You simply place the laptop on the cooling pad and it should prevent overheating. You can get one of these at any store that sells computer supplies or online, here are a bunch of them https://www.amazon.com/Laptop-Cooling-Pads-External-Fans/b?ie=UTF8&node=2243862011

I would also suggest you buy a can of compressed air and blow any dist away from the vents which may also solve your issue. If neither of the above mentioned work you may want to take it to a local shop for repair. My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

I was charged $47 althogh I never agreed to the upgrade.

Any billing questions need to directed to customer service, you can reach them at***@******.***