Does microsoft usually contact pc users on the pc if there…

Customer Question
Does microsoft usually contact...

Does microsoft usually contact pc users on the pc if there is a malware problem?

Technician's Assistant: What Microsoft model do you have? And the Operating System (OS)?

Acer windows 10

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

Called a number on pc that said it was microsoft number to fix issue. The pc is working OK but no charge was on card and we are questioning bitcoin install that says we have 750,00 bit coin currency.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

We have 2 pc's and this one is an HP. I have lost my google chrome page.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Computer
1/8/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 6 months ago
Kris R
Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris

Since 1/6/2018
Currently installing MacAfee anti virus

Hi

No they do not, this is a know scam.

Has there been an incident?

Thanks

Kris