I have several servers that were located in a building on my…

Customer Question
I have several servers that...
I have several servers that were located in a building on my property that tied into my home about 100 feet away. My son who began a career in IT a year ago, was asked to move the servers to my home yesterday which he did. He knew what he was doing but ran into a big problem which now shuts me out. Essentially, one of the servers is OLD, a Dell PowerEdge 600SC. It only has a*****and has very important files on it. He was going to do away with this once he relocated the servers and then made the necessary modifications. However, the 600SC has a lot to do with the entire system working and it will not now boot. It tries but says that the disk is full and cannot boot. Due to the age of the system and the initial installer never gave me the boot CD (not that it would help), I am screwed right now and very worried.Please tell me this can be fixed or I will be no good. Prior to moving it, the system was doing fine but now the drive is again full. Can you tell me what to do and I will copy him. Really need your help. Thanks
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Computer
I need to let my son how to boot my 600sc using Windows 2003 which has a full drive and no boot disk. So you know, I also have a Dell 1600 SC. In a worst case situation, can the hard drive be taken from the 600 sc and placed into the 1600 sc and then work? Sorry. really need your help or tonight I have a major problem.
1/8/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 6 months ago
Kris R
Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris

Just yesterday when he moved the system.
The system will not come all the way up because the drive is full so you could not log into it.

What's the exact error?

On boot up, an error comes up stating "Amount of available memory limited to 256MB. And once that error is manually cleared, a user environment error comes up saying "Windows cannot load the locally stored profile. Possible causes of this error include insufficient security rights or a corrupt local profile. If this problem persists, contact your network administrator..DETAIL - System could not allocate the required space in a registry log." He tried booting it as an admin to reset any corrupt profiles but determined that it was a spacing issue. He initially mentioned that extending the partition(s) using a flash drive/cd may be an option, but seemed to believe moving the hard drive into another machine would be a viable option as well.
If you have any ideas at all, please let me know...I really appreciate your help

Hi

Do you know the OS?

Thanks

Kris

My son took a much larger system and removed the drive from the system that would not boot. Once the old drive was inserted into the larger system, he was able to get 150 megs removed and rebooted but still received errors. Got a blue screen for the old drive that he inserted into the newer computer. He was able to clear up some space on the 40Gig drive by accessing the hard drive partition through the other drive. Right now he is wondering if he reinserts the 40gig drive back into the Exch (old) server temporarily if he will still get a blue screen or if it will reboot. He is able to see my files but cant get to them. He said that since he is not on the network he is not able to get to my files. If he temporarily inserts the drive back into the old server and connects it to the network and then boots, will he be able to access the data so that he can then get it off that drive?
Thoughts?

Hi

Do you know the OS?

Thanks

Kris

Windows Server 2003. PLEASE answer the above

The reason it is blue screening is there will be no drivers on the new system, inserting it into the original system will revert to normal and should work fine as the drivers are loaded for that old system in the OS

Does this make sense?

He is sleeping now but I sent him your reply. I will know if a few hours. To me it makes sense but I am dumb as doornails on computers. Thanks. I will let you know.

Okay great. Let me know..