I forgot my password. I cannot log in, I can not log in to…

Customer Question
I forgot my password...

I forgot my password. I cannot log in

Technician's Assistant: What exactly are you having trouble accessing?

I can not log in to my laptop

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your laptop?

Lenovo, window 10

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Lenovo? Have you installed any updates recently?

No

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Computer
1/8/2018
Tech Support Specialist: John, Computer Support Specialist replied 6 months ago
John, Computer Support Specialist

Hello and welcome to justanswer.com.My name is***** will be assisting you today. Please give me a moment to review your question.

Are you using a microsoft account or local user account to sign in to windows 10? To find out this let me know if you are getting a password ***** or password ***** link with the incorrect password *****

Thank you

Note: - Use the reply box just below type the reply in it and click on send.

Since the computer that has the issue is locked out i cannot remote access it but we can still continue in this chat page to fix the sign in issue.

Please answer my above questions so that i can help you better.

Use the reply box just below type the reply in it and click on send.

Thank you.

It seems you have opened another question regarding the same issue. Please post your replies in the reply box below in this page.

Shall I wait for further help or I will cancel your help.
Please do not charge to my account. I will be in touch with you later.
Perhaphs you need some information about the laptop for remote connection

I apologize for the delay.I believe you didn't see my above messages.

John:
I have Lenovo laptop. I am using Window 2010. When I open the laptop and use my old password. It is saying ," the password ***** ***** Please try again".

Does it show a password ***** or password ***** web link ?

What is the problem in remote assistance. Do you need some information about the computer?.

I believe you didn't see my above messages.Since the computer that has the issue is locked out i cannot remote access it.

When it shows incorrect password ***** it also shows a password ***** or password ***** web link ? if so which one?

John:
I am confused by your answer. Please let me know whether you can connect remotely to my computer and solve the problem.
Please let me know whether you will be able to fix the problem.I

Using remote support i cannot connect to the locked windows 10 but i will open this to other experts to see if they can help you.

Sincerely,

Tech Support Specialist: Byron, Computer Support Specialist replied 6 months ago
Byron
Byron, Computer Support Specialist

Hi. My name is***** you for your question.

Let me ask this please: If an incorrect password ***** ***** more than once, does

the text on the screen change slightly and mention anything about account.live

or using an external drive to reset the password?

Why it is difficult to have remote connection

It's difficult because no one can connect to a computer unless you can first log in to it.

It says password *****
When I type the password ***** I think correct. It says wrong pass word. Try again.

Thank you. Does it say: account.live.com/password/reset ?

No. It does not say : account.live.com/password/reset ?

Thank you. That means you are not logging in to the computer with a Microsoft account.

To regain access to the PC, we'll need to Reset the PC and you can start over fresh.

While looking at the login screen, hold and keep down, the left Shift key.

Click the Power icon in the lower right corner of the screen (far right) and select Restart.

Release the Shift key when the Choose an Option screen appears.

click Troubleshoot

click Reset this PC

click Remove Everything

click Just Remove Files

(install to the drive where Windows is installed, if asked)

Once Windows has been reloaded
(it takes an hour or so)
you'll create a new user account and have access to the machine again.

Let me know the result please.

Do you think the problem can be fixed?

The computer will need to be reset following the instructions above.

I followed your instructions. I was able to log in with new password.It may be you can connect remotely. I am able to type any thing using by key board. For example I like to internet. I can not type the password ***** the internet. All my files are missing from the Documents.Please help.
Please let me know how I can recover my files stored in :Documents".
My key board is locked
Please connect to my computer remotely and help
Am I getting some answers to my questions?