Toshiba,window7. 4 weeks or more. This computer gets hot…

Customer Question
Toshiba,window7 Technician's Assistant: How...

Toshiba,window7

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

4 weeks or more

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

This computer gets hot

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Computer
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
1/8/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Russell H., Computer Systems Expert replied 6 months ago
Russell H., Computer Systems Expert

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your computer question.
If it gets hot, then either the fan is blocked, the fan is stopped/'broken', or else the CPU is running too high a percentage.

Now, locate the fan grille - often circular and on the bottom of a laptop - and check on whether there is a fan obviously running inside that. If not, the fan needs replacing in a laptop repair shop.

If the fan is running fine, and the vents are not blocked nor dusty, then open the Task Manager by holding down

Ctrl, Alt, and Del

and choosing Task Manager from the menu that will appear. Look on the CPU portion of Task Manager, in the Peformance tab. Is it 100 % or nearly all the time? then you need to cut down on CPU demand. Let me know if it gets this far, and I can do a Secure Remote assistance and examine and cut down on CPU load for you.

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.

Thanks.