Black screen on leveno laptop with windows 10 after i tried…

Customer Question
Black screen on leveno...

Black screen on leveno laptop with windows 10 after i tried to add additional monitor. Neither screen works. I selected my external monitor as primary but it couldn't find my external monitor. Now laptop just opens in black screen. Mouse shows activity but still black screen.

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried rebooting from a DVD or flash drive?

Tried Windows 10 reinstall but it doesn't seem to read it

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

No - I'm working this request from my desktop

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/7/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Shefin, Computer Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
Shefin, Computer Support Specialist

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I amCustomerand I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Please remove the AC Adapter from the computer.

Press and hold the power button for a minute.

Then, release the power button and wait for two minutes.

After that, press the power button to start the computer and check if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!

Customer/p>
restarting - saw the Leveno name now black screen
how can you conect to a laptop that has a black screen?

May I know the exact model number of the Laptop?

Thank you.

Customer/p>
leveno yoga 2 - the mouse pointer shows but there is nothing to click on
Windows 10

Please press and hold the Fn key and press F10 key one or twice without releasing the Fn key. Check if you get the display back.

Thank you.

Customer/p>
do you mean restart the computer and hold down FN and F10 steady holding down? I tried restarting holding down shift key and nothing happens
RU there?
I didn't notice to disconnect the AC adapter - this time i got to a screen that I could click on something and I chose to restart my computer. Now back to black screen

When you see the black screen, press and hold the Fn key and press F10 key one or twice without releasing the Fn key. Check if you get the display back.

Do you have important data on your computer? Can you restore the computer to factory settings?

Thank you.

Customer/p>
I'm trying the original answer and currently waiting the 2 minutes to restart

Okay. Take your time and let me know the response.

Thank you.

Customer/p>
nothing important except Office 365 which I can reinstall - but how to reinstall if I can't pick a device to read from.Downloaded Windows 10 reinstall to thumb drive yesterday but it doesn't boot to thumb drive to select
nothing happens when I hold down FN and F10 hittting F10 repeatedly

1. Turn off your computer
  2. Next to the power button (on the right hand side), there is a little, small button. Press this button. This button is called the OKR (one key recovery) button.
  3. On boot, you will be prompted with about 4 option. Select the option that says recovery (or one key recovery).
  4. Follow the on-screen prompts.

Thank you.

Customer/p>
trying this now
saw the Leveno screen after pushing the little button, now just black with no mouse
mouse is back but still black screen - power adapter still unplugged

Insert the AC Adapter, and try it once again. Check the video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WO7nnywyQyQ

Thank you.

Customer/p>
got to the recovery screen and it is doing something

It is doing the recovery. It may take some time. Complete it and let me know the response.

Thank you.

Customer/p>
its at 53% now - wil let you know
the screen turned black again and power is still on. Plugged laptop back in to power. Is it doing anything?

Please wait for some time and let me know the response.

Thank you.

Customer/p>
I finally got to system restore and am trying to repair Windows
I've waited an hour and the screen is black - is this normal? If not, what should I do?
It’s now been an hour and a half. Should I restart the laptop or keep waiting?
RU there?

I apologize for the delay in my response. How is the computer now?

Thank you.

Customer/p>