Someone is using my messenger to tell people that I won

Customer Question
Someone is using my...

Someone is using my messenger to tell people that I won $50,000 from Facebook and all they have to do is send in $1000 to win. I was a teacher years ago and my students really trust me. One of them sent the money.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update Facebook?

I don't remember

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Facebook?

I put a notice on FB saying that I had been hacked but I didn't know they were telling people to send money until just now.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Computer
1/7/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 6 months ago
Kris R
Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris

3 days

Are you using MAC or Windows?

Thanks

Kris

Windows

Would it be OK for me to connect and have a look?