I am locked out of my computer by bitlocker..gives me a

Customer Question
recovery key ID (FDCA755D-756A-415B-9E35-C7D2831C0C15), says...
i am locked out of my computer by bitlocker..gives me a recovery key ID (FDCA755D-756A-415B-9E35-C7D2831C0C15), says to use another computer, find recovery key via microsoft, with the above mentioned ID, enter the key in space provided on blue bitlocker screen and all is well, computer unlocked...however, I cannot find the key...or any place to enter the ID in order to retrieve the key....can you help me fre up my computer ( windows 10, HP, drive label KAYBOT, windows, 10/20/2015).
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Computer
1/7/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Pete, Computer Engineer replied 6 months ago
Pete, Computer Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

First you will need to find your BitLocker key. Some places to look are:

• On a printout you saved. Look in places you keep important papers.

• Saved on a USB flash drive. Plug the USB flash drive in to your locked PC and follow the instructions. If you saved the key as a text file on the flash drive, use a different computer to read the text file.

• In your Microsoft account. To get your recovery key, go to BitLocker Recovery Keys.

no saved printout, nor was USB flash drive used and when I accessed my microsoft account, seeking recovery keys or ID, there were no recovery keys in the account....I had no idea bitlocker had been introduced to my computer