I've just bought it and set it up - but can't get through…

Customer Question
I've just bought it...

I've just bought it and set it up - but can't get through the password. I might have made a mistake on the initial password

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

HP Omen and I believe it is windows10

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Omen? What have you tried so far?

Just bought it 2 hours ago. When I went to restart the sign-in page came up - I can't enter the correct password

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Just need to re-set the password

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Computer
1/7/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist replied 6 months ago
Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist

I'm sorry about the issue. Does it show a name or username at the password ***** login screen?
Does it show an email address at the password ***** login screen?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

it shows the gmail adress

What's that gmail email address?

Do you have another working Windows computer?

Solution #1:

1. Go to the website below on another working computer, or tablet or smartphone:

https://account.live.com/ResetPassword.aspx

2. Then there, select the option "I forgot my password", then click on Next at the bottom.

3. Then in the first box, type in that gmail email address.

4. Then in the second box, type in the characters as shown on the page.

5. Then click on Next at the bottom. Then follow the instructions there in order to reset your Microsoft account password.

- Once that is done successful, then the it should work on your new HP computer.

Solution #2:

- If that does not work, please try:

1. At the password ***** login screen, press and keep holding the Shift key on the keyboard.
  2. Click on the Power icon at the bottom right of the computer's screen, then click on the option Restart while still holding the Shift key.
  3. When a menu appears, then you can release the Shift key.
  4. When prompted, click on the Troubleshoot option.
  5. Then select the option Reset PC, and continue.
  6. When prompted, select the option "Removing everything" and "Just remove files.", and continue.

Solution #3:

- If that still does not work, please try:

1. Shut down your HP computer.
  2. Turn it back on, then right away, keep pressing & releasing the key F11 quickly and repeatedly on the computer's keyboard until a menu appears.
  3. Select option Troubleshoot.
  4. Select option Recovery Manager. Then select option System Recovery. Then select option to recover without backing up files, and continue.
    - (Note: If there is no Recovery Manager option, then select option Reset PC, and continue, and when prompted, select the option "Removing everything" and "Just remove files.", and continue.)

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,

Do you see a menu / the Troubleshooting option when trying any of the last two solutions above?

It looks like you are not there. We can schedule another time.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you.