My Lenovo monitor constantly dims by itself and then I have…

My Lenovo monitor...

My Lenovo monitor constantly dims by itself and then I have to manually increase the brightness, why is this happening and how can I stop it from happening?

Technician's Assistant: What Lenovo model do you have? And the Operating System (OS)?

Thinkvision

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

It has been going on since we bought it, about two years ago...the manual buttons on the monitor don't do anything, I went into the software and there are no settings which address this, could the monitor be going into some sort of power saving mode?

Technician's Assistant: Which software or app can I help with?

I just have the Lenovo Solution Center I think

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your software?

Essentially nothing, I cannot find a way to prevent the monitor from self dimming. It dims itself to the lowest dim setting

1/7/2018
Cris
Cris, Support Specialist

Hi, thanks for using JustAnswer.com I am Cris and will be glad to assist you.

When your monitor dims are you able to adjust it back to normal settings?

I can increase the brightness back up but cannot for the life of me figure out how to stop The monitor from self dimming ...After increase the brightness after period of time it dims itself again… Is there some kind of power saving feature that is built into the monitor that’s forcing you to do this?

No there is no auto dimming normally on monitors the commands come from the PC.

Can you tell me how you adjust the brigthness from the monitor or from Windows?

There is an adjustment on the monitor itself that allows you to manually adjust the brightness back up… But There appeared to be no other adjustments on the monitor which affects this problem… Instead of using you, I guess I can contact Lenovo Support on Monday

OK, the monitor does not have any built in auto-power that would come from the actual computer.

It sounds your monitor maybe going bad. What I recommend is unplugging your monitor power cable to perform a power cycle. If the monitor has any glitch that will clear it out. If the issue persist then it is a monitor issue, Lenovo will have you do the same as well.

Does it happen right after you adjust the monitor settings?

OK, I Unplugged the power cord and then plug back in and I will see what happens… After I bring the brightness back up it stays bright for probably half hour roughly and then dims Again…But after re-plugging in the power cable, let me see if that makes a difference

Sure, no problem.

Hopefully that resolves the issue. Let me know if you have any further questions. Please take a moment to rate my service and submit at the top. Thanks, Cris.

Cris
Cris, Support Specialist