We can't get sound in skype. I think it would be google

Customer Question
We can't get sound...

We can't get sound in skype

Technician's Assistant: Is your Skype file saved to cloud storage services like Dropbox, Google Drive, or OneDrive?

I think it would be google drive. It's a windows 7 so i getting on

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
1/7/2018
Tech Support Specialist: RussellA, Information Systems Manager replied 7 months ago
RussellA
RussellA, Information Systems Manager

First, make sure you and the person you're calling install the latest version of Skype, check that you have a good connection, and close any applications that might be interfering with your call - then follow these steps:

1. Make sure your microphone and speakers aren't blocked or muted, and are plugged in if you're using a computer.
    Try moving closer to the microphone, reducing background noise, or cupping your hand in front of the loudspeaker if you're on a mobile device. If you're using a headset, try using a different cable or plugging it into a different port.

• Using a computer? If you're using the integrated microphone and loudspeakers of a PC, laptop, or tablet, try using a USB headset or webcam instead. Check out our list of the best USB headsets and webcams to use with Skype.

• Using a mobile device? Try switching between handset and speaker mode or using a headset.

2. Make a test call.
    Skype's free test call is the easiest way to test your sound - it prompts you to record a message, and then plays it back for you to hear. How to make a test call. If you can't hear the voice on the test call, continue to the next step.

3. Check your audio.
    Try playing a song or using another application with sound. If you can hear it, the problem may be with the other person on the call - ask them to follow these steps too.

• on Windows desktop: Select Tools > Options > Audio settings, then in the Speakers drop-down choose the playback device you want to use. If you're still having problems, Microsoft has a tool to automatically diagnose and fix audio problems.

• on Mac: Select Skype > Preferences > Audio/video, then in the Speakers drop-down choose the playback device you want to use. If you're still having problems, use the built-in volume controls, the Apple support website can help you adjust your computers sound.

I hope these steps help you in rectifying your issue. If you are satisfied please mark this as answered so I can get compensated for my time, or if you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to open another query directly with me.

Nothing has changed on my computer and I got a shock when you asked for $52 now it's another $56 no can't afford that sorry as much as that would have been the best way to do it but no.All though I use this computer a lot I must say no.
Tech Support Specialist: Richard, Computer Specialist replied 7 months ago
Richard, Computer Specialist

Hi there and welcome

Do you still need assistance with this?

Please let me know