HP 570p033w, windows 10, brandnew computer. Signing in on…

Customer Question
HP 570p033w, windows 10...

HP 570p033w, windows 10, brandnew computer. Signing in on setup, raniinto Microsoft account login, can log into my account. It is reefusing my login and password, requested a new password, it is prompting nmy wifes email address.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

No thank you

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
1/7/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Byron, Computer Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
Byron
Byron, Computer Support Specialist

Hi. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist.

Can you tell me the email address being used for your Microsoft account?

for my old computer it is***@******.***, newcomputer where I screwed up is m wifes***@******.***

Fortunately, since this is a new computer you can start over fresh and correct any mistakes.

We'll need to Reset the PC and you can start over fresh.

While looking at the login screen, hold and keep down, the left Shift key.

Click the Power icon in the lower right corner of the screen (far right) and select Restart.

Release the Shift key when the Choose an Option screen appears.

click Troubleshoot

click Reset this PC

click Remove Everything

click Just Remove Files

(install to the drive where Windows is installed, if asked)

Once Windows has been reloaded
(it takes an hour or so)
you'll create a new user account and have access to the machine again.

Let me know the result please.

While this is going on, is your issue that you've forgotten the password ***** your Microsoft

account (*****@******.***) and the recovery email address is a Comcast account

to which you no longer have access?