Internet seems OK, but TV is not working. It is just the TV…

Customer Question
Internet seems OK, but...

Internet seems OK, but TV is not working.

Technician's Assistant: Is there a particular streaming service you're trying to connect to (e.g. Netflix or YouTube)?

No, it is just the TV service that comes with my Comcast account.

Technician's Assistant: How is your internet connection? Have you tried unplugging your modem and router, then plugging them back in?

As I say, internet is OK, because I am having this conversation with you. I have not tried unplugging my modem and router.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Yes. The TV is “on”, and there is a static picture on the screen (Viking Longships). But there is no response to my remote at all.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Computer
1/6/2018
Tech Support Specialist: RussellA, Information Systems Manager replied 6 months ago
RussellA
RussellA, Information Systems Manager

Is your TV service, internet based? or traditional broadcast / cable? The reason I ask is, if it is internet (streaming) based, then the internet connection, plays a role. If it is traditional broadcast / cable box based, it might not have anything to do with your in house internet connection, even if the service provider is the same. Are there certain channels that are working and others not? Is there a set top box? If so, which set - top box are you using?