Though I have closed the Skype application after talking…

Customer Question
Though I have closed...

Though I have closed the Skype application after talking with a friend, the camera is still on!

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update Skype?

Actually, I have had problems with the system. It is not the most updated version.

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Skype?

I think part of the problem is that when I originally set it up it was with a different email account which is no longer active. I have probably tried to set it up again with new email. I usually do FT with other Apple friends, and only Skype with a friend in Czech Republic. Each time I struggle, trying different things and then I achieve the connection.. Sad to say, I never am sure what I did that worked. Sorry I seem so incompetent!

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

I mainly just want to turn off the camera.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/6/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Kamil Anwar, Computer Support Specialist replied 6 months ago
Kamil Anwar, Computer Support Specialist

Hello & Welcome to JustAnswer.

Thank you for your question. I will do my best to assist you.

It could be a glitch. Did you try rebooting the computer?