My FSX Acceleration disk will download but does not give me…

Customer Question
My FSX Acceleration disk...

My FSX Acceleration disk will download but does not give me the option to register my Product Key. The FSX will not let me fly more than 10 Minutes. What can I do ?

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

I use the latest Bootcamp and Windows 10

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

Brand new computer as my last one failed. I have used FSX for years and with the new downloads, I have downloaded Disk One and two and used the product key with success. Problem is with Acceleration disk only.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Computer
1/6/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Russell H., Computer Systems Expert replied 1 month ago
Russell H., Computer Systems Expert

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your computer question.
I advise you to 'register' the reinstallation of FS X first, before adding the Acceleration disc to it. First registered, then Acceleration... because that last might remove the registering option!

Let me know what you think, and how that goes. (You may have to uninstall FS X, restart your computer, then reinstall just the basic version of it, then register it, the add Acceleration.)

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have tried the remove and re install several times to no avail. The Acceleration disk still does not offer me the registration form after succesivly downloading

Can you just load the two earlier discs, and get the program running that way?

Then register the program.

Then after that, add the Acceleration disc...

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
This is where I am now. Everything loads fine but Not Registering the Acceleration Disk limits the Flight time to 10 minutes.

Try this: install the three discs stage by stage, then fire up the sim and reboot the PC, before installing the final disk which is Acceleration Disk 3... this is more or less quoted loosely from AVSIM Online's discussion of this very problem.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Do I activate the first 2 discs?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have tried this Russell
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have searched all the relevant info fro AVSIM also. Tried many things. That's why I am trying you.

1. Did the first 2 discs, when installed, start FS X A-OK?

(2. another question.... )

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
You bet and I registered the 2 disc with the Product key. The Acceleration disks installs but the problem is that there is no way to register a "separate" product key for the Acceleration disk therefore the Microsoft FSX stops working after 10 Minutes.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have used FSX on several computers and never had a Registration problem.

Why is the Registration or Product Key different for the Acceleration disc? are they from two different sets? if so, that's why the third won't work... different software set / registration #, or similar problem.

Or doubtfully, the third disc is damaged, scratched, or dirtied - check the disc's surface for that.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Microsoft decision to use two different Product Keys. The originally came out with the Flight Sim product without the Acce3leration 3rd disk. The disks all download and the wouldn't if they were damaged.

Something's wrong with the Product Key for the 3rd disc, then. Check that disc, as to whether it is for some different version - e.g. more advanced Windows version, or for Apple not Windows, or some such difference between the Acceleration disc and the first 2 discs.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have researched this very problem. I had the FSX installed on the 2015 Computer and it ran beautifully. That computer was replaced with the latest 27" Mac using Bootcamp and windows 10 as before. The acceleration disk fully downloads with no problem but there is something, perhaps in the registration that is preventing the Product Key registration from happening? Can you help?

Oh, so it is Windows 10 on bootcamp? a Windows simulator? Accelerator might well not be capable on a sumulated Windows processor. Make sure the Bootcamp is connected to the Internet, not just the 27" Mac.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago

My FSX Acceleration disk will download...

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

I use the latest Bootcamp and Windows10

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

If it is Windows 10 on bootcamp? a Windows simulator? Accelerator might well not be capable on a simulated Windows processor. Make sure the Bootcamp is connected to the Internet, not just the 27" Mac.

If you wish, you can have an extra chance at getting an answer to this problem, just let me know if that's what you wish.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Do you think you can solve this problem Russell. What is "the extra chance"?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
By the way I am on windows talking though the internet. Do you know the Mac/Bootcamp/ Windows system?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hello Russell
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Are you there Russell?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Russell , can you please get back to me?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
What is with you for not getting back to me?

I'm sorry - somehow I did not take your case - I didn't see it on the list for a while. I regret the delay. The extra chance is my Opting Out, opening the case for other Experts, one of which might have more to offer than what I have already advised and said. I have done so...

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No referral thank you. Poor response and no solutions .
Andy, Computer Consultant