I was in the middle of working on my surface pro and it shut…

Customer Question
I was in the...

I was in the middle of working on my surface pro and it shut down unexpectedly it is plugged in and the light on the power cord is lit... i tried disconnecting the keyboard but still can not turn it back on

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Surface Pro? What have you tried so far?

It started about 30 minutes ago i tried reversing the power cord tried restarting it with and without the court attached

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

It is critical that i can log into work this weekend i bought this device to be able to remote in since i can not connect via my mack

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Computer
1/6/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Pete, Computer Engineer replied 6 months ago
Pete, Computer Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Connect the Surface Pro to the charger, then press and hold the power button on it for 1 minute.

Reply back and let me know if it restarts ok after that?