I'm at work right now, but my computer at home has a big…

Customer Question
I'm at work right...

I'm at work right now, but my computer at home has a big problem. when I turned it on Friday afternoon to surf the net, it was installing updates. And. like a smart-aleck, I wanted to see what would happen if I unplugged the computer while it was updating. Stupid me. since then Windows won't start, and it just keeps loading and re-loading a restore screen, over and over again. Is there any way that I can return my computer to normal?

Technician's Assistant: What exactly is frozen or not starting up for you?

Basically, it's Windows 7 not starting. It just goes right to the restore screen. and then it says that there is no problem, and it doesn't do anything.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer?

It's a Hewlett-Packard from 2010 (I'm afraid I don't know the model number because I'm at work, and the computer's at home.)

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

It just started Friday afternoon about 2 PM. I tried all of the diagnostic programs, but nothing seem to help. it just starts up and runs the "restore" program, over and over again. I currently have it unplugged.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Just if there's some way I can return my computer to normal.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
1/6/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Moses C, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 7 months ago
Moses C
Moses C, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, Welcome to JustAnswer support, thank you for utilizing our service.
I will be assisting you with the query and question you have with us.
can you explain me a bit more about this windows boot problem

it comes up on which screen and freezes

It doesn't freeze. It starts with the "hp" logo, then rather than the Windows animation. Iit says windows files loading, then it opens to a "restore system" screen. It goes through the motions, ten says it's unable to repair the problem. The it restarts and goes through the whole thing over and over again.
I'm afriad I'm at work rigght now, the the computer with the problem is at home, unplugged.
Is there a phone number I can reach you with? Then we can get this done tomorrow afternoon.

what time you will reach home?

It's hard to say. I have some errands to ru n today. Probabaly about 4 to 4:30.

i work in the night shifts CST 6:00 pm onward let me know if any time suits you in the evening.