I accidentally ouched some keys on my Toshiba ortege

Customer Question
I accidentally ouched some...

I accidentally ouched some keys on my Toshiba ortege (Windows 7) and now my arrow keys will not work.

Technician's Assistant: What Toshiba model do you have?

Portege um...

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Portege? Have you installed any updates recently?

R30-A

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

The arrow keys are the only problem I know of so far

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Computer
1/6/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Josh, Support Specialist replied 6 months ago
Josh, Support Specialist

Hello:

Happy New Year!

I'm so very sorry it took so long for someone to offer assistance to you. My name is ***** ***** I've just come online and saw your question waiting. Before we start, can you please confirm if you still need assistance with your question? Thank you!

Please note: Due to the Holidays, it could take a little bit longer for a response but I will respond back as soon as possible!

I still need assistance.
The arrow keys will not work--I have to use the a, s, d, and w keys instead to move a character in a game, for example. This began after I set a couple of paper/small book items on the keyboard portion of the laptop, which probably pressed down a certain combination of letters. I have tried turning off the machine and restarting, detatching the battery and restarting, and checked the on screen keyboard to make sure the scroll lock key was not checked (it wasn't). This model of Toshiba laptop does not have a scroll lock or number lock key. None of the aforementioned interventions recommended by online "help" communities corrected the problem.
My email from your firm says you have responded here and they have now charged me the remaining $31. However, you have not responded with any assistance, only to say there may be more of a delay due to holidays--holidays which are long past!!!Please be truthful--if you do not know the answer to my computer keyboard problem, let me know. Otherwise, please deliver what your ads claim you can do--provide a quick solution to the problem!
By the way, no, I have not installed any updates recently. The only change was my setting some paperwork and a tiny datebook on the keyboard, which probably caused some keys to be pressed down, perhaps resulting in the arrow keys not working.

Do you still have the issue after the restart?

I have already told you I still have the issue in my above message to you!
I still need help! Arrow keys will not work.
Josh, where are you? What will fix the problem of the four arrow keys not working?
Still have the arrow key not working problem!
Josh, I still have the arrow key not working problem!

The arrow keys only do not work in a game?

THEY DO MOT WORK PERIOD.
Tech Support Specialist: Richard, Computer Specialist replied 6 months ago
Richard, Computer Specialist

Hi there and welcome

I want to do a system restore please.

To do this, close all programs.

Press the windows key (the one to the left of the left ALT key) + R and type in the run box that opens

rstrui

Press enter

Then follow the onscreen steps to choose a system restore and choose a date before this problem occurred.

Let it complete and tell me if it now functions correctly please