The internet explorer will not open up, it keeps showing…

Customer Question
The internet explorer will...

The internet explorer will not open up, it keeps showing failure

Technician's Assistant: When could you last open your Internet Explorer?

Around the first of december

Technician's Assistant: Did you recently update your software or Operating System (OS)?

No

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

I was just wondering if the computer is going bad

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Computer
1/5/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Bryan, Computer Support Specialist replied 6 months ago
Bryan, Computer Support Specialist

Hello, and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you today.

Are you running Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 or 10 please? Is there any other browser you can access on the same computer now?

window xp, i'm using chrome now

OK, please do this now:

Press the Windows key and R together to bring up the RUN box.

Next, type inetcpl.cpl and press ENTER.

An Internet Options window will come up. Click on the Advanced tab at the top, then click RESET > RESET.

Done resetting, re-open Internet Explorer - does it work all right this time?

Could you update me on this issue here after carrying out the above steps? Thank you,