Just had my new gmail set up, for better security. How come…

Customer Question
Hello,just had my new...

Hello,just had my new gmail set up, for better security. How come though the pass word is always on screen, which means there is no privacy at all.

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access Gmail? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

Browser

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

I just signed out. I don't know what else I need to do. Not savvy on PC other than a basic user

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

Also, right now all my stuff is connected to "cloud" my husband set up.But I need separate cloud.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Computer
Do I need to do anything now? Or just wait for your answer?
1/5/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 3 months ago
Suhasini Velu

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Tech Support Specialist: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 3 months ago

Your browser would have remembered the password ***** have used in gmail.

And you would have allowed it to do so.

That is the reason every time when you login the password ***** ***** there.

Is there anyway I could have it off?? My son helped me set up the gmail.
Tech Support Specialist: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 3 months ago

Sure, i will compose the instructions for you.

Right now what browser are you using is that google chrome?

You mean this as extra over the $47.00 paid already?Then what about answer to my question re. setting up my own cloud, moving existing files into it, and not to be monitored by someone's (my husband in this case) cloud? Do you charge extra on this one and how much?
Tech Support Specialist: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 3 months ago

No you can ignore that.

This can be done by yourself.

Tech Support Specialist: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 3 months ago

Open the Chrome menu using the button on the far right of the browser toolbar.

Choose the Settings menu option (highlighted in blue).

1. Click the Show advanced settings… link located at the bottom of the page.
  2. In the “Passwords and forms” section, click the Manage passwords link.
  3. In the Passwords dialog that appears, hover over the site whose password *****’d like to remove and click the X that appears.

Check the images I have attached.

9300f7cc-0317-426b-94aa-...png9300f7c...png2e436804-30c6-466a-ba34-...png2e43680...png4c5e3698-e3b2-46d0-a73d-...png4c5e369...png
ok. So I will fix the browser and remove the password ***** You mean you won't charge $39.00 if I fix it myself?
Tech Support Specialist: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 3 months ago

No you wont be charged $39 if you do it yourself. Don't worry.

Let me know if that instructions fixed the issue.

What about setting up cloud of my own and move my files into it? AND OUT of current cloud control/monitor? Doable? Charge, if not covered by the initial charge? Thanks
Tech Support Specialist: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 3 months ago

I am not sure about setting up your own cloud, can you explain what are you are exactly trying to do.

Right now, all files saved in my word, be it PDF or just word files, a) according to my husband, if anything happened to my PC, files are save for they are all "saved" in some kind of "center"( - cloud?), and b)all my word files are not locked.
Question: b/c of these 2 elements, I feel my files are not secured. How do I make they both save (against any loss) or secure (locked perhaps) so no one else can access them.
Thank you.
Or is there an easier solution, such as drop box?
Tech Support Specialist: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 3 months ago

Let me open this for other experts.

Tech Support Specialist: Bryan, Computer Support Specialist replied 3 months ago
Bryan, Computer Support Specialist

Hello, and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you today.

I would suggest using Dropbox to store your personal data over the cloud; you may download the free desktop app first using the following link:

https://www.dropbox.com/downloading

Once installed, you’ll be prompted to either sign in or create a new account.

Once Dropbox is installed on your computer, you’ll notice a new Dropbox folder on your hard drive.

Add files to your Dropbox folder and Dropbox will sync them with your account online. You can also access these files when you sign in to dropbox.com.

I have attached a comprehensive user guide (detailed with screenshots) that should assist you with setting up Dropbox as well:

tic-recherche.crifpe.ca/docs/guides/en/Dropbox_guide.pdf

Note:

If you need more help, please use the Reply box below to continue our conversation.

Otherwise, kindly remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of this page before you leave today. Thank you,

Also, to answer your follow up questions: a) using Dropbox will keep your files safe in case anything happens to your computer; you may simply reinstall Dropbox on a new computer in that case and your files will all be there in the Dropbox folder. You can set Dropbox to automatically sync new files in any designated folder as well, e.g. Documents. b) No one will be able to access your files on Dropbox without knowing your email address/password ***** the same, so your files are perfectly safe.

Note:

Bryan,
Thank you so much for the explanations! Sorry I went away to answer a call having waited a bit...
Now, re. your "Once Dropbox is installed on your computer, you’ll notice a new Dropbox folder on your hard drive" --- Re. new Dropbox folder on hard drive, this is not something I install on on hard drive for it just appears there, and will not permit anyone else' access , right?
Am going to try and set up the Drop box using your link.

This Dropbox folder will ONLY show up for your own Windows user account, once you open up a folder window (you will see it at the left.) So no other accounts - even on the same computer - will be able to see this folder and its contents itself.

Bryan, Computer Support Specialist