Someone working on it from your company. Checking to see if…

Customer Question
Someone working on it...

Someone working on it from your company. Checking to see if legit. ID 1530. Sushant sharma. Is he an employee

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

Hpenvy

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

I am on my tablet now. He is working on computer. Is he legit

Technician's Assistant: What's the model of your device? How old is it?

HP e nvy

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Android device?

My computer froze. Red screen came on with phone number

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?

Customer:*********** Called that and have the name I gave you Said I needed Microsoft. ..him...to take care of problems

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Computer
1/5/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Chris L., Support Specialist replied 6 months ago
Chris L., Support Specialist

Hello my name is ***** ***** certified computer professional with over 10 years experience. I will be happy to help you.

This is a scam and this person is not from microsoft. You need to hang up and shut down whatever device he is connected to and do not pay him money. Have a look at this page on the microsoft website where you will see a variety of the type of pop ups you got: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wdsi/threats/support-scams

If you have already paid him money call your bank right away and let them know what happened. My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating for providing you a quick answer! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Microsoft does not contact people with red pop ups. This is absolutely a scam, it is very well known and we see this type of tech support scam often. No legitimate company would ever contact you this way. Your computer does not report its status to anyone. Usually what will happen is once you are in contact with them they will lie to you about issues that your computer does not have such as it is being hacked or has viruses. They will then attempt to charge you many hundreds of dollars to fix the fake issues. If you have any questions let me know.