I got a voice message that computer was in trouble. Then…

Customer Question
I got a voice...

I got a voice message that computer was in trouble . Then told to phone Windows. Looked up phone # & then received message saying it was invalid exchange.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your smartphone?

Iphone & need to look up model

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPhone? What have you tried so far?

The message came over the computer. About 10 min. ago

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?

I really don't know but why am I going to the smartphone expert & not Windows (computer)?

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Computer
1/5/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Chris L., Support Specialist replied 6 months ago
Chris L., Support Specialist

Hello my name is ***** ***** certified computer professional with over 10 years experience. I will be happy to help you.

This is absolutely a scam, it is very well known and we see this type of tech support scam often. No legitimate company would ever contact you this way. Your computer does not report its status to anyone. Usually what will happen is once you are in contact with them they will lie to you about issues that your computer does not have such as it is being hacked or has viruses. They will then attempt to charge you many hundreds of dollars to fix the fake issues. If they call back again simply hang up. My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating for providing you a quick answer! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

One more thing. Restart your computer if the message is still going. If it continues after that let me know.

The message did not come on my smartphone. It came over the computer. I hope I will receive my $5.00.

Are you still hearing the message?