How can I find out if a transaction through eBay is a scam?

Customer Question
How can I find...

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

Toshiba satellite with windows 10.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

I think my computer is ok. My problem is I wanted to buy a car from Craig's list but the seller had moved to Denver, CO from Kennett, MO. Seller wanted to use eBay to make transaction. Cost was 500.00, free shipping. Seller also would only take ebay gift cards for payment to eBay. I sent the 500.00, then ebay emailed that they couldn't ship to my address in Bay, AR because AR required double insurance to be paid by buyer in the amount of 500.00 more. Then upon delivery driver would refund said 500.00.

Technician's Assistant: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?

Yahoo.com

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access Yahoo? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

Web browser

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

Tried to track invoice no.104521681536 but couldn't find it on eBay recent transactions.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/5/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Jeffrey B,
 replied 6 months ago
Jeffrey B

Hello, my name is***** will be assisting you today. Lets get started!

I'm so sorry for the extended wait time. Did you still need assistance with your issue?

Kind regards,

Jeffrey

Tech Support Specialist: Jeffrey B,
 replied 6 months ago

Do you still need assistance regarding this problem?

Waiting for your reply,

Kind regards,
Jeff

I still need help to resolve this .
Tech Support Specialist: Jeffrey B,
 replied 6 months ago

Understood.

Has the seller any reviews about earlier sells he did?

Kind regards,

Jeffrey