I would like to talk to someone about Uber. I have just sold…

Customer Question
I would like to...

I would like to talk to someone about Uber. I have just sold my car and plan to use Uber to take me to the places in city of Memphis, TN. Having trouble with getting a "real person" to talk about the "do's and don'ts"

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

Acer Desk

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

Have only called a friend that uses Uber and he told me to go thru the App Store and I am not sure that will give me the info to find out the whole story.

Technician's Assistant: Which software or app can I help with?

Windows 10

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your software?

Only looked up Uber on I only looked up Uber on Google Chrome and the number that came back appeared to report a problem of any kind.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

I just have many questions about the charges to take me to different places and how it all works. For instance, I want to go to Kroger to shop. Do they wait for me or do I call back when I am ready? How far in advance do I need to make reservations. Many more questions

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
1/4/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Ricky Expert, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 7 months ago
Ricky Expert
Ricky Expert, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Your friend is correct, the first thing you need to do is download Uber from the App Store. The charges are based on distance and also time of day. Peak times are more expensive. You will not know the exact charge until you put it into the app when you are ready to go. They will not wait for you when you shop. When you are done shopping you will use the app again to request a new driver. Uber is very fast so you do not need to make reservations in advance.

If you have any follow-up questions, don’t hesitate to ask. If finished, please take a moment to rate my service using the stars at the top of this page. Thank you, ***** ***** a great day!