I was using a USB Storage unit and replacing some files.

Customer Question
I was using a...

I was using a USB Storage unit and replacing some files. After I finished I realized I had accidentally deleted an Excel file I need. The removable storage is on the E Drive when I am working in it. I have searched my Recyle Bin but the file is not there. I have also searched the other drives for the name. Where would the file be if not in the Recycle Bin?

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your computer or device?

Windows 10

Technician's Assistant: Did you click Start and open the Programs control panel to uninstall the Excel?

No not sure how to do that.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Computer
1/4/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Tech Ben, Information Systems Manager replied 6 months ago
Tech Ben
Tech Ben, Information Systems Manager
Experience: 15+ years of experience as an Information Systems Manager; responsible for overseeing computer and network systems, installation and maintenance, troubleshooting hardware and software issues, etc.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer.

I'm Kumar and I'll assist you today.

You might have deleted it on the USB/Flash drive, the file will not go to your Recycle Bin. Can you please try using Recuva and see if the file is getting restored? Please use the link below. Install it and run it to find the file.

https://www.piriform.com/recuva/download/standard

Please let me know once done.

Thanks,

Kumar

Please let me know if you tried and if it worked. Please let me know if you need any further assistance.