The volume has been turned off and muted and won't go back…

Customer Question
The volume has been...

The volume has been turned off and muted and won't go back on when we click on the upward pointing indicator on the bottom right of the screen. What are we missing?

Technician's Assistant: What computer or device has sound issues?

Lower right side of laptop base facing me says AMD, under that A8.

Technician's Assistant: Is this happening with internal or external speakers?

Internal speakers.

Technician's Assistant: Did you try updating the sound driver on your laptop?

Yes, but the ability to adjust the level of sound no longer appears.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

No, thank you.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Computer
1/4/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Tech Ben, Information Systems Manager replied 6 months ago
Tech Ben
Tech Ben, Information Systems Manager
Experience: 15+ years of experience as an Information Systems Manager; responsible for overseeing computer and network systems, installation and maintenance, troubleshooting hardware and software issues, etc.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer.

I'm Kumar and I'll assist you today.

Is it possible to share a screenshot of the issue you are facing? Are you using a Windows or a Mac, which version?

Thanks,

Kumar