Trying to log in and forgot my password. This is my first…

Customer Question
Trying to log in...

Trying to log in and forgot my password. This is my first transaction using PayPal so I am fairly ignorant.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update PayPal?

Well, I tried to get it set up over a year ago and thought I was not successful because the minimal deposit they test it with never came through. However, I recently got a payment (for the first time from a customer). PayPal sent me an email that I needed to "claim my money by Jan. 29" and I have forgotten my password ***** it's been so long since I set it up.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

Yes; to complicate things I recently changed my email address from a q.com to a gmail.com. So, although my q.com sends any emails directly to my gmail.com I set up my original PayPal using the q.com. Ugh!

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Computer
1/4/2018
Tech Support Specialist: RussellA, Information Systems Manager replied 4 months ago
RussellA
RussellA, Information Systems Manager

You can reset your password ***** following this link, or below instructions: https://www.paypal.com/authflow/password-recovery/

If you've forgotten your PayPal password ***** you remember your email address, follow these steps to regain access to your account:

Go to our Log In page.

Click Having trouble logging in?

Enter the email address you use for PayPal and click Next.

Select how you want to recover your password ***** click Next. (You'll be shown some options such as Have us call you, Receive a text, Receive an email, Answer your security questions or Confirm through Facebook Messenger.)

If you choose to Have us call you, you'll see a code on the next screen. Use it when you get our call. We'll then ask you to create a new password (we’ll ask you to enter it twice).

If you choose to Receive a text, enter the 6-digit security code we send to your mobile and click Next. We'll then ask you to create a new password (we’ll ask you to enter it twice).

If you choose to Receive an email, enter the 6-digit security code we email to you and click Continue. We may ask you to confirm your card number. We'll then ask you to create a new password (we’ll ask you to enter it twice).

If you choose to Answer security questions, enter your answers and click Continue. We may ask you to confirm your card number. We'll then ask you to create a new password (we’ll ask you to enter it twice).

You may also be given the option to Confirm through Facebook Messenger. If you choose to use this method, click Send Code, enter the 6-digit security code we send to your Messenger and click Confirm. We'll then ask you to create a new password (we’ll ask you to enter it twice).

I hope these steps help you in rectifying your issue. If you are satisfied please mark this as answered so I can get compensated for my time, or if you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to open another query directly with me.

RussellA
RussellA
RussellA, Information Systems Manager