My Galaxy S7 randomly started erasing material off my phone…

Customer Question
My Galaxy S7 randomly...

My Galaxy S7 randomly started erasing material off my phone and reverted to factory mode. I need my Google account password ***** be able to reopen my phone .... unfortunately I can't remember my Google password ***** it's saved on my phone --which I can't access--and saved on my iPad, but not visible.

Technician's Assistant: When were you last able to use your Galaxy?

Ive had to leave my phone alone for 48 hours because Google has locked me out .. for security measures

Technician's Assistant: Are you able to sync to iTunes?

Not sure... sorry I can access my email on my ipad

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?

Plus I now have an LG backup phone from which I can receive text messages

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Computer
1/4/2018
Tech Support Specialist: RussellA, Information Systems Manager replied 6 months ago
RussellA
RussellA, Information Systems Manager

You will need to change or reset your google password ***** a computer

You can follow this link or read instructions below: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/41078?hl=en

Change or reset your password

You can change your password ***** security reasons or reset it if you forget it. Your Google Account password ***** ***** to access many Google products, like Gmail and YouTube.

Change your password

Sign in to My Account.

Under "Sign-in & security," select Signing in to Google.

Choose Password. If you see a prompt to sign in again, sign in.

Enter your new password, then select Change Password.

Reset your password

Follow the steps to recover your account. You'll be asked some questions to confirm it's your account and an email will be sent to you. If you don’t get an email:

Check your Spam or Bulk Mail folders

Add***@******.*** to your address book.

To request another email, follow the steps to recover your account .

Check all email addresses you might've used to sign up or sign in to your account.

2. Choose a password ***** you haven't already used with this account. Learn how to create a strong password.

Fix problems with your password

If you're having trouble resetting your password ***** can’t sign in to your account, get more help.

I hope these steps help you in rectifying your issue. If you are satisfied please mark this as answered so I can get compensated for my time, or if you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to open another query directly with me.