Suddenly quickbooks is unable to send my e-mails to outlook.

Customer Question
Suddenly quickbooks is unable...

Suddenly quickbooks is unable to send my e-mails to outlook. It tells me to close outlook even though it's closed.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update Outlook?

Never that I know of.

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Outlook?

I just close it when I get this message

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Computer
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Remote Tech Support. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
still waiting. do I need to stay on this page and near my computer?
1/4/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Evan Davis,
 replied 6 months ago
Evan Davis

Good afternoon, when looking into this issue I found a couple of things from the following link:
https://community.intuit.com/articles/1502291-error-quickbooks-is-unable-to-send-your-email-to-outlook

Usually the first option (not running as admin) is not the case
The second option may be our issue:

Solution 3: Ensure that your email preference is set correctly in Internet Explorer

Close QuickBooks.

Open Internet Explorer.

Click Tools > Internet Options.

Click the Programs tab.

In the Programs tab, make sure the correct email program is selected as the default email program. For example, if you are trying to send email using Outlook, be sure Outlook is selected. If you are trying to send email using Outlook Express, be sure Outlook Express is chosen. Select the correct option, then click Apply and OK.

Close Internet Explorer.

Open QuickBooks.

Email the report or transaction.
Let's try this option and see if it helps?

Okay, I'll try it and let you know.
Tech Support Specialist: Evan Davis,
 replied 6 months ago

Sounds good! Thanks much -Evan

Didn't work.
Tech Support Specialist: Evan Davis,
 replied 6 months ago

Thanks for the reply, we'll try the next option:

Solution 2: Ensure that your email preference is set correctly in QuickBooks.
Do this next step from Quickbooks

Note: If you use Microsoft Outlook with Microsoft Exchange Server, open Outlook and login before checking the QuickBooks preference.

Choose Edit > Preferences > Send Forms.

Click My Preferences tab, set Send e-mail using to the option that you want to use and click OK.

If the preference is set correctly, to toggle it:

Choose Edit > Preferences > Send Forms.

Click My Preferences tab, select QuickBooks E-mail, and then click OK.

Choose Edit > Preferences.

Select Outlook and click OK.

Close QuickBooks and all other programs.

Restart Windows.

Restart QuickBooks.

Email the report or transaction.

Tech Support Specialist: Evan Davis,
 replied 6 months ago

HI there, I wanted to check back and see if you've been able to try this? Thanks much!